EFFECTIVE DATE: September 29, 2016
The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this website www.forevercar.com and does not cover information that may be collected through mobile application. In order to view our relationship with TRUSTe please visit the validation page visible by clicking on the TRUSTe seal.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Information We Collect About You
We collect information directly from you, from third parties, and about you as you use the Site and the Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You:
- When You Apply for a Vehicle Service Contract. We collect information, including personal information, directly from you when you visit this Site, such as when you become a member (e.g., register); purchase products through this Site; and request information through this Site. When you register with our Site, we will collect your name and your email address, at a minimum. If you choose to apply for a Vehicle Service Contract, we will collect information about your vehicle, including make and model, age of vehicle, mileage of vehicle, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), or similar information. We also will collect billing and contact information. You have the option of providing us certain demographic information such as gender, activities, lifestyle and automobile preferences. If you provide this information to us and are a registered member, then we will maintain this information as part of your profile.
- Contests or Promotions. From time to time, we may offer contests and promotions. If you choose to participate, we will collect the information that you submit as part of your entry. We may combine this information with information that we already have collected from and about you.
- Surveys and Focus Groups. From time to time, we may invite you to participate in a survey or a focus group. We will collect the responses you provide, and aggregate them with those of other participants.
- User Generated Content. Portions of our Site allow you to submit your own content. We may use the information that you submit in those portions with other information that we have collected about you.
- Contacting Us. If you contact us via this Site, email, phone, or other means, we will collect the information that you provide to us during that contact and we may combine it with other information that we maintain about you.
- Blog. Our website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Testimonial. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com
- Refer a Friend. If you participate in our Refer a Friend program, we will collect your email address and your friend’s email address. We may store both addresses for future use, including the sending of promotional emails. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
Third Parties. We also may collect information about you from third parties. Specifically, we obtain marketing data from third parties; we will add this data to our existing database and may combine it with information that we already maintain about you. We also may collect information about the claims that you make under the Vehicle Service Contract. We will use this information for analytical purposes, and, where applicable, to provide services to you.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Whenever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data) that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job ( for example, billng or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that you provide to us through this Site, including your personal information (collectively, “information”) for the following purposes:
- To provide the Site and Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of the Services available on the Site, your use of the Site, and for other customer services purposes;
- To record your automobile preferences;
- To issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments;
- To provide tips or guidance on how to use the Site, inform you of new features on this Site or provide other information that may be of interest to users;
- To personalize the service we provide to you, tailor your experience at the Site to your interests and make more appropriate recommendations;
- To send you e-mails, including e-newsletters, personalized offers and other promotions about products and services that we believe would be of interest to you, and other communications about the products and services you have purchased or available by ForeverCar; with your consent, we also may contact you with SMS text messages;
- To manage our Site, diagnose technical problems, improve content and allocate the resources of our systems so that your experience with our Site is as efficient as possible;
- To process and track your transactions and to send you information about our and our affiliates’ and business partners’ products and services and other information and materials that may be of interest to you;
- To develop, enhance, market, sell or provide ForeverCar Products or Services, or those of companies with which we have a commercial relationship;
- To evaluate credit standing and to match credit bureau or credit reporting agency information;
- To investigate, detect and protect us and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities;
- To effect a corporate transaction in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business;
- To audit compliance with our policies and contractual obligations;
- To improve the Site and Services;
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; or
- For any other purpose to which you consent.
Sharing Your Information
- Vehicle Service Contract Providers/Financing Companies. The Vehicle Service Contracts made available through this Site are provided by third parties. We will share all information that we collect about you with those parties, which will use the information to facilitate our ability to provide the Services that you purchase from us. The third parties may use your information for its own marketing purposes. If you choose to finance your Vehicle Service Contract, we will provide your information to a separate third party, which will collect payment from you and handle the financing of your purchase. Please review their privacy policies for a description of how they may use the information that we share about you.
- Service Providers. We will disclose the information that we collect about you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, these vendors may assist us in directing traffic to our Site, managing our Site and our Services, provide customer service, deliver contracts, ship items, process credit cards, for research, marketing, data processing, to facilitate usage by a visitor or to offer credit card services or evaluate your creditworthiness, to verify your identity and your VIN number. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We also may share your information for the following reasons:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the acquiring company. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information that we collect about you to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- Aggregate Information. We may share aggregate or anonymized information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes. For example, if we display advertisements on behalf of a third party, we may share aggregate, demographic information with that third party about the users to whom we have displayed the advertisements.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through this Site.
- Persistent cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information.
- Third Party Cookies. We also engage third parties to track and analyze non-personally and personally identifiable website data and to serve advertisements. To do so, we may permit third parties to apply cookies to users of our Site, where permitted by law, and, subject to your right to opt-out through the Network Advertising Initiative (as discussed below). We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyze site usage. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer you can edit your browser options to block them in future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to this Site who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Site; however, many site features, such as certain Services will not function properly if you do not accept cookies.
Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies. We use web beacons, such as clear GIFs, web bugs or pixel tags, which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of website visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about website usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, identify when our e-mails are viewed and track whether our e-mails are forwarded. We use technologies such as scripts in analyzing trends, administering the website, tracking users’ movements around the site, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
Site Analytics. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you and to improve site functionality.
Third Party Applications
Third party applications may be available on this Site. The owners or providers of those third party applications may collect personally identifiable information from you. Their collection of information is bound by their own information collection policies and practices. We are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by third parties.
Third Party Advertisers
We display advertisements on the Site. Some of the advertisements are based on the collection of personal information and others are based on the collection of aggregate information. Please see the bottom of this section for opt-out information.
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks. The websitehttps://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp provides information regarding this practice by Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to “opt-out” of third-party ad networks operated by NAI members. You also may contact Direct Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) at https://www.aboutads.info/choices/ for information about opting out of targeted advertising and your choices regarding having information used by DAA member companies, including how to “opt-out” of third-party ad networks operated by DAA members. Opting out of one or more NAI members or About Ad members (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Sites or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer, be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and DAA’s websites accessible by the above links.
When we advertise on third party sites
When you visit a site on which we advertise and click through our advertisement, we may place cookies on your computer or use pixel tags. The information that we collect through this technology is not personally identifiable.
You may opt-out of receiving email communications from us by following the instructions contained in the email. You also may modify your communications preferences by accessing your account.
Social Media Widgets
Our website includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like button, and Widgets, such as the Share this button or interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These Features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website.Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
How to access, modify or close your Account
You may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or modify the information in your account by logging into your account or by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request to access within a reasonable timeframe. If you request that we close your account, we will promptly do so, to the extent possible. Once your account is closed, however, you will not be able to use many of the services available on our Site to Members, unless you re-register.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, e-mail and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please e-mail us at: email@example.com write to us at: ForeverCar, Attn: Customer Service – Privacy, 444 North Orleans, Chicago, IL 60654 with a reference to California Disclosure Information.
We will respond to such requests to information access within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail or mailing address stated above. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
User Generated Content